This report presents the outcomes of a survey with policymakers, implementing bodies and other stakeholders in the EU on the issues faced during the Article 7 EED implementation, which warrant further knowledge exchange.
On the policy implementation aspects, the most important needs are:
- to ensure the sustainability of the EEO scheme/alternative measure(s) in terms of re-financing,
- minimise the costs for all parties involved,
- raise awareness about the opportunities from such policies,
- assess the side effects of EEO schemes and or alternative measure(s),
- and ensure additionality and materiality of the energy savings.
In terms of monitoring, reporting and verification procedures for Article 7 EED, the main needs are:
- tools for monitoring, reporting and verification schemes (e.g. web applications, calculation guidelines, etc.),
- assistance on how to define the sample size and the parameters for monitoring,
- reporting and verification,
- clear and specified guidelines for monitoring, reporting and verification,
- guidelines for the verification requirements (e.g. energy consumption before and after energy saving measure was carried out),
- and cost-efficient provision of monitoring, reporting and verification for Article 7 EED.
You can download it here.